This paragraph reports some troubles that may occur when using the fork. It also indicates possible causes and suggets a remedy. Always refer to this table before doing any repair work.
|Fluid escapes throught the oil seal||1. Oil seal is worn out |
2. Stanchion tube is scored
3. Exceeding dirt on oil seal
4. Bushing worn (especialy after oil seal has already changed, but still leaking)
|1. Replace oil seal and outer dust seal
2. Replace oil seal, outer dust seal and stanchion tube
3. Replace oil seal and outer dust seal
4. Replace bushing, oil seal and outer dust seal
|Preasure leakage||1. Valve of inflating plug is loosened|
2. Plug O-ring is damaged
|1. Tighten plug or replace air valve
2. Replace O-ring and check that O-ring seat on the plug is in good conditions. Replace plug body
|Fork has not been used for some time and tends to lock out during initial travel||Oil seal and dust seal tend to stick to stanchion tube||Raise dust seal and lubricate oil seal and dust seal with oil|
|Damping is no longer as steady as in the beginning||Exhausted oil||Change oil|
|Fork bottom or top out too easily||1. Preasure is too low|
2. Low oil level
|1. Check pressure
2. Refill oil
|Even at low pressure, fork is too progressive||Oil level is too high||Reduce oil level|
|Fork rebounds too fast||1. Dirt inside, valves do not close perfectly|
2. Air preasure too high.
|1. Clean carefully and replace oil
2. Adjust air preasure.